Jim Carrey is a Canadian actor, well known from movies such as The Truman Show. Jim reportedly also trains Brazilian jiu jitsu under Royce Gracie. Jim Carrey is said to be a BJJ brown belt. However, these rumors have not been verified and are probably false.
|Full Name||James Eugene Carrey|
|Birth date||January 17, 1962|
|Birth place||Newmarket, Ontario, Canada|
|BJJ belt rank||Brown belt (supposedly)|
|BJJ coach||Royce Gracie (supposedly)|
Does Jim Carrey Do BJJ?
There’s a rumor that JIm Carrey trains BJJ. He’s supposed to be a brown belt under Royce Gracie. However, these rumors are probably false.
I searched extensively on the internet, and the only ‘proof’ of JIm Carrey doing BJJ is a forum comment that somebody once saw him at a local MMA gym. And there’s the video below which has ‘Jim Carrey’ and ‘Jiu Jitsu’ in the title, but it’s about a Jim Carrey lookalike, as clearly the guy in the video is not Jim Carrey.
So Jim Carrey training BJJ is probably a myth. I couldn’t trace down where this myth originated from. Jim Carrey never commented on BJJ at all.
Jim Carrey BJJ Belt
Jim Carrey is said to be a BJJ brown belt under Royce Gracie, but this is probably false. There’s no photos or videos of Jim Carrey training BJJ. If he actually trained BJJ, there would probably be information available on it, given how famous Jim Carrey is. In all likelihood, Jim Carrey never trained BJJ a day of his life.
- Celebrities that you didn’t know train BJJ
- Ashton Kutcher BJJ: Is he good at jiu jitsu?
- Bruce Lee BJJ: Did Bruce Lee know BJJ?
- Keanu Reeves BJJ: Is he good at jiu jitsu?
- Joe Rogan BJJ: Is he a good black belt?
- Nicolas Cage BJJ: Does he actually train jiu jitsu?
- Ed O’Neill BJJ: Is he a legit black belt in jiu jitsu?
- Jason Statham: How good is the actor at jiu jitsu?