Joe Rogan is a famous podcast host, comedian, UFC commentator and prior tv show host. Furthermore, Joe Rogan is a BJJ black belt under both Jean Jacques Machado and Eddie Bravo. He’s been training martial arts his whole life and is one of the most vocal proponents of martial arts.
|Full Name||Joseph James Rogan|
|Profession||Comedia, UFC Commentator, Podcaster|
|Birth date||August 11, 1967|
|Birth place||Newark, New Jersey, U.S.|
|BJJ belt rank||Black belt|
|BJJ coach||Jean Jacques Machado, Eddie Bravo|
|Other martial arts experience||Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai|
Joe Rogan Martial Arts Experience
Joe Rogan is a huge advocate of martial arts. He is a long time commentator for the UFC. He started doing Tae Kwon Do competitions at a young age, and later moved on to Muay Thai and Brazilian jiu jitsu. Joe Rogan talks about the benefits of martial arts and Brazilian jiu jitsu a lot on his podcast.
Joe Rogan BJJ Black Belt
Joe Rogan is a two time black belt in BJJ. He has a black belt in the gi under Jean Jacques Machado and a no gi BJJ black belt under Eddie Bravo. So Joe Rogan is living proof of the fact that you don’t always have to choose between gi and no gi BJJ.
Who Taught Joe Rogan Jiu Jitsu?
Joe Rogan trains Jiu Jitsu in the gi under Jean Jacques Machado. Additionally, he trains no gi jiu jitsu under Eddie Bravo. This means that he’s proficient in both traditional BJJ and the 10th planet jiu jitsu system.
How Good Is Joe Rogan at BJJ?
Joe Rogan is very good at Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He’s been training for a very long time and holds a black belt in two different jiu jitsu systems. Additionally, Joe Rogan is very strong for his age, so he is probably an explosive training partner.
In the video below, Jean Jacques Machado answers the question ‘Is Joe Rogan good at jiu jitsu?’. His answer is yes, He explains that he doesn’t give out belts to people just for being famous. The only way to get a belt in BJJ is to get better, do hard sparring, and prove yourself.
Best Joe Rogan Jiu Jitsu Podcast
Joe Rogan invites a lot of jiu jitsu athletes and influencers onto the JRE podcast. Some of the best jiu jitsu podcast episodes he made are with:
- Rickson Gracie (2021): They talk about the evolution of jiu jitsu and his new autobiography Breathe.
- Craig Jones and Alexander Volkanovski (2021): They talk about The Return of the Ultimate Fighter and Craig Jones’ success in grappling tournaments.
- Gordon Ryan (2021): They talk about Gordon being the GOAT of grappling and his recent stomach problems.
- John Danaher (2020): They talk about the success of the Danaher death squad with his leg lock system, and the weaknesses of BJJ.
- Jean Jacques Machado (2019): They talk about Joe Rogan’s martial arts journey and the recent developments in the sport.
- Celebrities that you didn’t know train BJJ
- Ashton Kutcher BJJ: Is he good at jiu jitsu?
- Bruce Lee BJJ: Did Bruce Lee know BJJ?
- Keanu Reeves BJJ: Is he good at jiu jitsu?
- Jim Carrey BJJ: Does Jim Carrey train jiu jitsu?
- Nicolas Cage BJJ: Does he actually train jiu jitsu?
- Ed O’Neill BJJ: Is he a legit black belt in jiu jitsu?
- Jason Statham: How good is the actor at jiu jitsu?