Tom DeBlass is a legendary figure in the world of BJJ. His instructional videos are the perfect blend of toughness and support, providing valuable insights into his unique training approach. In this post, we’ll explore the best Tom DeBlass instructionals that can help you elevate your game, regardless of your skill level. So, join us as we discover the secrets of DeBlass’ winning techniques and take your BJJ skills to the next level!
Learn to play a no-nonsense half guard from a teacher with a big heart <3
Half guard secrets
Who is Tom DeBlass?
Tom DeBlass is a well-known figure in the world of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He’s a mixed martial arts fighter currently signed to ONE Championship, but he’s also been a beloved teacher for many years. DeBlass is known for his ability to explain techniques in a way that is easy to understand, making him a favorite among beginners and seasoned practitioners alike.
What is Tom DeBlass known for?
DeBlass is generally known for his ability to break down complex techniques into simple, easy-to-understand steps. He used to be a primary school teacher, so that’s why. In terms of topics he focuses on half guard, closed guard, BJJ for middle aged people, leg locks and fitness and dieting tips for jiu jitsu practitioners.
What’s Tom DeBlass’ teaching style
Tom DeBlass is known for his no-nonsense, yet compassionate teaching style. With a background in MMA, he emphasizes physicality and effectiveness in his instructionals. He’s also approachable and friendly, earning a loyal following in the BJJ community. Students describe him as a “tough uncle” who supports and challenges them to be their best.
All Tom DeBlass instructionals
Tom DeBlass has a wide range of instructional videos available on BJJ Fanatics. From closed guard domination to leg attack domination, there is a Tom DeBlass instructional for every aspect of your BJJ game. Here’s his full catalog of instructionals:
- Half Domination by Tom DeBlass
- The Butterfly Half Guard by Tom DeBlass
- Closed Guard Domination by Tom DeBlass
- Solo And Partner Grappling Drills For Rapid Improvement by Tom DeBlass
- The Road To Black Belt and Beyond by Tom DeBlass
- Leg Attack Domination by Tom DeBlass
- Deep Half Guard Domination by Tom DeBlass
- Kimura Domination by Tom DeBlass
- Framing Domination and Guard Recovery by Tom DeBlass
- Half Guard Domination 2.0 by Tom DeBlass
- The Lockdown Blueprint by Tom DeBlass
- Middle Aged BJJ by Tom DeBlass
- Middle Aged BJJ 2: No Gi by Tom DeBlass
- Half Domination Counters by Tom DeBlass
- Half Domination Bundle by Tom DeBlass
- Blue Print to Beginner: Intermediate Leglocks by Tom DeBlass
- High Tech BJJ In The Gi by Tom DeBlass
- Submission Escapes by Tom DeBlass
- Ripped In 12 Weeks Intermittent Fasting & Easy Bodyweight Fitness by Tom Deblass
Top 5 best Tom DeBlass instructionals I watched
If you’re looking for the best of the best from Tom DeBlass, here are the top 5 instructionals that I recommend checking out:
- Half Domination: This is DeBlass’s most popular instructional by far. It’s accessible, easy to follow, and offers a great take on a popular topic. I definitely recommend that you start here if this is your first Tom DeBlass instructional.
- Butterfly Half Guard: DeBlass breaks down this position in a way that is easy to understand, and this is a great addition to the Half Domination instructional.
- Closed Guard Domination: If you’re looking to improve your closed guard game, this instructional is a must-watch. DeBlass covers everything from sweeps to submissions, giving you a complete toolkit for dominating your opponents.
- Leg Attack Domination: Leg attacks are a hot topic in BJJ right now, and DeBlass’s instructional is comprehensive. He covers every major leg lock position, giving you a complete guide to attacking your opponent’s lower body.
- The Lockdown Blueprint: This instructional is all about the lockdown position, which can be a great way to control your opponent’s movement and set up submissions. DeBlass covers everything from basic sweeps to advanced submissions, and again this is a great addition to the Half Domination repertoire.
I haven’t watched the Middle Aged series yet because I’m not quite middle aged yet… But I expect it to be good. I’m turning 30 in 2 years so I’ll let you know when I get there.
Also read: Top 10 Best BJJ Instructionals Ranked (2023)
Who gave Tom DeBlass his black belt?
Tom DeBlass received his black belt from Ricardo Almeida, who is also a well-known BJJ practitioner and former UFC fighter.
Where does Tom DeBlass teach?
Tom DeBlass is the owner and head instructor of Ocean County Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, which is located in Forked River, New Jersey.
When did Tom DeBlass get his black belt?
Tom DeBlass received his black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu on December 4th, 2011, from his instructor Ricardo Almeida.
Where is Tom DeBlass from?
Tom DeBlass was born and raised in New Jersey, where he still resides and teaches BJJ at his academy, Ocean County Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
What is Tom DeBlass’s BJJ record?
Tom DeBlass has a highly impressive BJJ record, having won numerous national and international championships in both gi and no-gi competitions. He also boasts hard fought matched with many high-level competitors, including Andre Galvao and Vinny Magalhaes.
What is Tom DeBlass’s net worth?
There is no exact figure available for Tom DeBlass’s net worth, but he is considered to be one of the most successful and well-known BJJ practitioners in the world, with a highly successful academy and numerous instructional videos and seminars. He says he makes $500,000 per year from instructional sales, so his net worth is certainly in the single digit millions.