If you are looking to improve your Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) skills, a comprehensive instructional can be a great resource. Lachlan Giles instructional videos are popular among BJJ practitioners of all levels, and in this article, we will take a closer look at some of the best Lachlan Giles instructionals available.
Who is Lachlan Giles?
Lachlan Giles is a well-known figure in the world of BJJ, having competed at the highest level and won. He’s also a highly regarded instructor, known for his ability to break down complex techniques into simple steps. Giles has a very popular YouTube channel, streaming platform and many instructionals.
What is Lachlan Giles known for?
Lachlan Giles is known for his innovative approach to BJJ techniques and his ability to teach them effectively. He’s most well-known for his leg lock game, having developed a number of highly effective techniques in this area. However, he’s also a well-rounded grappler and has shown his skills in a variety of positions.
Where does Lachlan Giles teach online?
Lachlan Giles teaches both on his own platform, Submeta, and on BJJ Fanatics. Recently he’s putting more effort into his own platform. On Submeta he wants to serve you with eveything you need to know in bite sized courses, while he sees his BJJ Fanatics instructionals as going super deep into one topic.
Also read: Submeta Review (& discount code)
What is Lachlan Giles’ teaching style?
Lachlan Giles’ teaching style is methodical and detail-oriented. He breaks down each technique into simple, easy-to-understand steps, and he tells you how to drill. Giles is known for his patience and willingness to answer questions, and his instructionals are highly regarded for their clarity and effectiveness.
All Lachlan Giles instructionals
Lachlan Giles has more instructionals than any other coach in BJJ, so you’ll always find something you’re interested in. Excluding his courses on Submeta, here’s his full instructional catalog:
- The Half Guard Anthology by Lachlan Giles
- Fundamentals of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Escapes Gi & No Gi by Lachlan Giles
- High Percentage Chokes: No Gi by Lachlan Giles
- No Gi Open Guard Volume 2: De La Riva & Waiter by Lachlan Giles
- Guard Retention Anthology Bundle by Lachlan Giles & Ariel Tabak
- THE GUARD PASSING ANTHOLOGY: HALF GUARD BY LACHLAN GILES
- Leg Lock Anthology: 50/50 by Lachlan Giles
- The Kimura Anthology by Lachlan Giles
- The Body Lock Pass by Lachlan Giles
- No Gi Open Guard Volume 1: K Guard by Lachlan Giles
- The No Gi Open Guard Bundle by Lachlan Giles
- The guard Retention Anthology: Around and Under by Lachlan Giles & Ariel Tabak
- The Guard Retention Anthology: Through The Legs and Close Range by Lachlan Giles & Ariel Tabak
- The Straight Armlock Anthology by Lachlan Giles
- No Gi Open Guard Volume 3: RDLR & Leg Entanglements by Lachlan Giles
5 Best Lachlan Giles Instructionals I watched
I watched many Lachlan Giles instructionals, and while I like all of them, here’s the 5 that I love the most:
- Guard Retention Anthology: This instructional has been highly praised by many practitioners for its effectiveness in improving guard retention. I personally practiced the techniques for three months during lockdown and I never improved more than while drilling this instructional. It’s one of Lachlan Giles’ most comprehensive instructionals and a favorite of mine.
- Leg Lock Anthology: The Leg Lock Anthology is one of the best leg lock instructionals available, as it provides an in-depth breakdown of the mechanics and techniques involved. This instructional goes super deep on the breaking mechanics and is a must-have for anyone interested in leg locks.
- Half Guard Anthology: The Half Guard Anthology is another of Lachlan Giles’ most extensive instructionals. It covers a wide range of half guard techniques and positions, making it the most deep and broad instructional on half guard.
- No Gi Open Guard Bundle: This bundle includes three instructional videos that cover the K Guard, De La Riva & Waiter, and RDLR & Leg Entanglements positions. These are essential positions in no-gi grappling, and this bundle provides a comprehensive breakdown of each.
- The Body Lock Pass: The Body Lock Pass is a highly regarded instructional that covers one of Lachlan Giles’ favorite techniques. It provides a detailed breakdown of the body lock pass, from set up to execution, making it an excellent resource for anyone looking to improve their passing game.
Who gave Lachlan Giles his black belt?
Lachlan Giles is a black belt under John Simon, who is a highly respected BJJ coach based in Melbourne, Australia.
Where does Lachlan Giles teach?
Lachlan Giles teaches at Absolute MMA in Melbourne, Australia
What is Lachlan Giles’ BJJ record?
Lachlan Giles has a highly impressive BJJ record, having won numerous national and international championships in both gi and no-gi competitions. He won a bronze medal in the open weight at ADCC which is his most impressive feat.
What topics does Lachlan Giles focus on?
Lachlan Giles is known for his innovative approach to a variety of BJJ topics, but he’s most well-known for his leg lock game. He’s also developed a number of highly effective techniques in other areas, including guard retention, half guard, and passing.
What is the cost of Lachlan Giles instructionals?
The cost of Lachlan Giles instructionals varies depending on the specific title and the platform on which it’s sold. However, they are generally priced competitively with other instructional videos of similar quality.
Are Lachlan Giles instructionals suitable for beginners?
Yes, Lachlan Giles instructionals are suitable for beginners, as well as more experienced practitioners. Giles is known for his ability to break down complex techniques into simple, easy-to-understand steps, making his instructionals accessible to all skill levels.